£49 + vat per Delegate
Next half day Fire Marshal Training dates:
Friday 27th September 2019 9:00 am
Monday 28th October 2019 9:00 am
Limited spaces remaining!
Staff expected to undertake the role of fire marshals require comprehensive training.
Each course includes a practical outdoor session including experience of how to operate different types of fire extinguishers at your premises.
Their role may include:
- helping those on the premises to leave;
- checking the premises to ensure everyone has left;
- using firefighting equipment if safe to do so;
- liaising with the fire and rescue service on arrival;
- shutting down vital or dangerous equipment;
- performing a supervisory/managing role in any fire situation.
Fire Marshals / Wardens are considered by Fire Authorities to be a key component of most premises fire safety precautions.
Each course from Essential will include information & instruction regarding:
- Key roles of Fire Marshals
- The principles of fire prevention
- Awareness of human behaviour in fires
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire
- How to encourage others to use the most appropriate escape route
- How to search safely and recognise areas that are unsafe to enter
- The difficulties that some people, particularly if disabled, may have evacuating the premises
- Overview of the different types of fire extinguishers at your premises.
- The importance of selecting the correct extinguisher
- Reporting defects, faults & incidents
All delegates will be provided with a delegate pack and Certificate of Completion.
If you would like to book onto one of our public courses or arrange your own training for your staff in-house please Contact Us