Staff expected to undertake the role of fire marshals require comprehensive training.
Their role may include:
- helping those on the premises to leave;
- checking the premises to ensure everyone has left;
- using firefighting equipment if safe to do so;
- liaising with the fire and rescue service on arrival;
- shutting down vital or dangerous equipment;
- performing a supervisory/managing role in any fire situation.
Fire Marshals / Wardens are considered by Fire Authorities to be a key component of most premises fire safety precautions.
Each course from Essential will include information & instruction regarding:
- Key roles of Fire Marshals
- The principles of fire prevention
- Awareness of human behaviour in fires
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire
- How to encourage others to use the most appropriate escape route
- How to search safely and recognise areas that are unsafe to enter
- The difficulties that some people, particularly if disabled, may have evacuating the premises
- Overview of the different types of fire extinguishers at your premises.
- The importance of selecting the correct extinguisher
- Reporting defects, faults & incidents
Plus a practical outdoor session learning and practicing how to operate the different types of fire extinguishers at your premises.
All delegates will be provided with a delegate pack and Certificate of Completion.
If you would like to book onto one of our public course or arrange your own training for your staff please contact Essential today on 01536 460 171 or email email@example.com